Saturday, November 29, 2008

Fire

On Thanksgiving afternoon there was a big fire at Great-Grandma's house. The people that live on the next hill over accidentally started it and it spread fast. It took three brush rigs and a tanker to refill the trucks. We were wetting down the grass with hoses to help it stay away from the houses. The fire did get pretty close to Great Uncle Scott's house. Here are some pics that mom took.
The fire started somewhere around the red barn

Oh, I forgot. There were 4 trucks that came besides the tanker.

Unfortunately, this one wouldn't start up again after it died right in front of Uncle Scott's house!
Did I mention that the population of the town is like maybe 300??!!

1 comment:

Kristi Skinner said...

Your mom told me about the little fire truck, if you can call it that. I'm glad they got the fire out. Pretty exciting Thanksgiving! Luke's really getting big and I see he could be a spokesperson for Dr Pepper...